Please click here to access the recordings of the training.
The test cases are available at the bottom of the page. The presentations are available at the detailed programme.
Wind energy, being one of the renewable energy sources, is utilized through the use of onshore or offshore wind turbines in wind farms. Examples for the computational analysis of wind turbines are introduced in this introductory level workshop for aerodynamic and hydrodynamic analyses of wind turbines. Flow field simulations and wake analyses for wind farms are also be presented and discussed. The computational simulations are done by using open source software. SU2 flow solver is used for Computational Fluid Dynamics simulations of flow fields around wind turbine airfoils and rotors. OpenFOAM flow solver is used for Computational Fluid Dynamics simulations of wind farm flow fields, and OpenFAST code is used for onshore/offshore wind turbine aerodynamic/hydrodynamic modeling and analyses. The selected computational test cases and how to run these cases on TRUBA HPC infrastructure are briefly presented.
- Introduction to Wind Turbine Aerodynamics (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nilay Sezer Uzol)
- Wind Turbine Airfoil CFD Analyses by using SU2 (Ezgi Orbay, Ezgi Aslan, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nilay Sezer Uzol)
- Wind Turbine Rotor CFD Analyses by using SU2 (Ali Ata Adam, Ezgi Orbay, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nilay Sezer Uzol)
- Introduction to Offshore Wind Turbine Design (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elif Oğuz)
- Offshore Wind Turbine Aerodynamic and Hydrodynamic Analyses by using OpenFAST (Muhammad Juanda Putra, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elif Oğuz, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nilay Sezer Uzol)
Wind Farm Analyses
- Introduction to Wake Models and Wind Farm Analyses (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nilay Sezer Uzol, Ali Ata Adam, Hüseyin Can Önel)
- Wind Farm CFD Analyses by using OpenFOAM (Hüseyin Can Önel)
This event was supported by the EuroCC project. This project has received funding from the European High-Performance Computing Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 951732. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and Germany, Bulgaria, Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro.
EuroCC Turkey Social Media Accounts::
More information about METU RÜZGEM (METU Center of Wind Energy) can be found below.